Friday, June 15, 2012

My Amsterdam Star ~ Adam

In 1971, when my son Mykel was less than a year old, our family moved to Amsterdam, Holland. That was quite a colorful adventure I'll speak of again.

After being there for about a year, we saw a wonderful Santana concert at the Concert Hall in Amsterdam, I can't recall the name. It was small but so gorgeous...(concert-ga-bow was how they  pronunced it). Besides being one of the best concerts I've ever seen (such energy!)...I saw angels flying around the head of Santana, really! It was just a quick flash, but wo! Nice. Strange and wonderous things happened in Holland. 

Shortly after, I discovered I was with child...(LOL and nothing to do with the angels).   I loved A'dam, as it, Amsterdam, is nicknamed, and its symbol is a star, but I wanted to have my child born in U.S.A. So, we moved back to Flushing, L.I. outside of N.Y.C. and on Aug. 24, 1973 gave birth to my son, Adam Star Ruvola. 

Here he is with his Dad and brother. It is Adam's first day home from Flushing General Hospital in NY Aug 24 1973. 

Adam is about 7 or 8 months here right before he moved from Flushing, Queens to Malone, NY. Here he is playing with one of his favorites, Lincoln Logs.

What a sunshiny baby! Here is Adam on the front lawn of his new home on Fayette Rd in Lake Titus, NY. Brother Mykel looks on.

It was the a fun time at the island by Ballard Mill Park in Malone NY. Here Adam is with two cuties, Tara Visconti, and his step-sister, Gillian Fergerson-Sprague. Brother Mykel has a good hold on his little brother. 1976

Momma Dor and Adam Star take a spin at The North Pole. 1977
These are just a few photos of my Starshine.
I can see both of his own little boys in his face in these early days. I am sure proud of my Star and his whole family!

No comments:

Post a Comment