Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Mung Bean 1971


I was 23 when I gave birth to Mykel. We learned what it was all about together. He was a good sport and we had lots of fun adventures when he was my only child. I called him 'Mung Bean' and made him a toy one out of felt. We also nick-named him 'Young Guy' and 'Stinkledink'. But, he was a sweet little guy with a keen interest in things.
Mykel in his crib from Nanny Fischer, with puppets of Ma and Pa from Dorian's friend, Roz Moresh, and the first toy Mama Dor ever made, Panda. I know, Panda is a bit wonky but Mykel liked him anyway We were all kind of 'scared' of the puppets, though.
Mykel and his Dad, Fred
My first baby was born in Toronto, Canada in 1971. I went into labor during a thunder storm and by the time I got to Toronto General, it was bad enough for the electriicity in the hospital to go out seconds after we got off the elevator. No others were admitted after me so baby Mykel had the whole nursery to himself! His astrological sign is fire, Aries, and ALL of the planets were in fire signs when he was born.  One of his favorite foods is cayenne peppers! He even gave his first born the middle name 'Cayenne'.  He is my SONshine.

2 comments: